System Administrator II
Position Title: Systems Administrator II
Administer and manage the operations of computer systems related to servers, virtualization, storage, and support software infrastructure for the Bank. The primary focus for this position is on the efficiency, stability, and resiliency of the Bank’s technical infrastructure. Systems administrators should possess strong problem-solving, analytical, and communications skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of systems hardware and software.
- Support existing applications and projects by responding to incidents, problems, and service requests.
- Operate in accordance with the Bank’s control processes, and follow IT guidelines.
- Install operating system software, patches, and upgrades.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues, involving third-party vendor support as needed for quick resolution of problems.
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor operating system software, servers, storage, virtualization software, and network devices.
- Assist with integration of cloud application and infrastructure services into existing IT systems.
- Ensure infrastructure and cloud services align to IT roadmaps; understand and convey potential impact to Bank services and architecture.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Secure systems to meet corporate standards and best practices.
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and recommend preventative measures.
- Assist with development and maintenance of disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Assist with development and maintenance of infrastructure configuration, documentation, processes, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with development of Infrastructure budget and budget initiatives.
- Research and recommend new technologies to meet the Bank’s business objectives.
- Manage administrative tasks related to the position and comply with Bank policies and procedures.
- Manage departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate environment with AS400, Windows, or UNIX servers, storage area networks, and/or network firewalls, switches, load balancers, and other network equipment
- Experience with VMware or other hypervisor.
- Experience with enterprise backup/restore, email servers, web servers, SharePoint, and/or other enterprise applications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills that promote effective working relationships in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with scripting languages, especially Windows PowerShell, is desired
- Ability to positively engage, self-motivate, and possess a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to complete tasks within set project and budgetary parameters and targets.