MS Dynamics Finance Solution Architect
The Microsoft Dynamics, Solution Architect Finance is responsible for supporting projects that design, implement, modify, troubleshoot, test, and debug Microsoft Dynamics software. In addition to being a leader for the team, this position is expected to serve as a mentor and advisor to other team members.
Excellent communication skills are necessary to be successful in this role. This role is customer-facing regarding, project management, requirements gathering, and solution architecting. This ideal candidate for this role has a solid business foundation with the ability to collaborate with other individuals that have varying levels of technical understanding.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices daily: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self- development.
- Accountable for the architecture of finance modules in Dynamics 365 and understanding of the proposed solution.
- Define the solution design by leading Fit/Gap analysis for the solution requirements with reference to standard capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Assess how well the solution meets requirements
- Conduct workshops with the users, demonstrate systems, implement solutions, and present to customers
- Define the to-be processes, solution architecture, integration design, data migration approach
- Create and run CRP meetings
- Assures the quality of the solution and related project deliverables
- Responsible for the proposed solutions by configuring the system according to requirements
- Mentor and coach other team members to ensure their growth
- Mentor and coach clients to ensure adequate internal support is available
- Works in close collaboration with the project manager
- Organize and execute Analysis, Design/configuration, Implementation & delivery phases of Dynamics 365 implementation
- Analyze and document current ERP systems and associated business processes
- Prepare process documentation and perform gap/fit analysis to create design specifications for the new D365 Finance project
- Provide best practices and solution alternatives within functional/technical design documents
- Execute project tasks designed to implement the full suite of Dynamics modules in close coordination with key department stakeholders
- Work safely always and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strategic Business Development
- Work with Business Development Manager (BDM) (Salesperson) to identify new opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key client leadership
- Engage in multiple short-term strategic consulting engagements and develop new opportunities
- Responsible for solution approaches, defining scope, and estimating the effort for proposals.
Service Offering Delivery
- Provide advisory assistance to projects and engagements to ensure successful delivery
- Advise Talent Management on the client’s culture and identify any high-risk deliverable-based assignments
- Provide screening of prospective candidates (both internal and external)
- Manage the development of case studies and project summaries of each project delivered related to the service offering(s)
- Develop and maintain service offering collateral (templates) that promote the repeatability and quality of deliverables
- Support development and evolution of delivery methodologies
- Be an expert for your competency
- Be a leader in our industry, be involved in business community involvement
- Volunteer to speak at conferences, …
- The main point of contact in the escalation process from consultant leads and consultants
- Onboard new consultants to best practice processes and approaches
- Help grow the Service Offering by being available for Business Development
- Working knowledge of programming methodologies, structures, and concepts
- Problem-solving and issue-resolution skills
- Minimum two full life cycle Dynamics 365/AX implementations are required
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing, Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 5+ years' experience as a Dynamics architect preferred
- 5+ years' experience as a functional SME working with Microsoft Dynamics platforms AX/F&O required
- 3+ years of experience using X++ to implement extended Dynamics features and enhancements required
- F&O/AX module experience required