How To Be Ready For The Top 3 Tech Jobs In The US For 2023-2024
As technology progresses and the job market evolves, it is important to stay ahead of the curve and be ready for the top three hot jobs in 2023-2024. The highest-paying jobs in the future are likely to be in fields such as artificial intelligence (AI), data science, and cybersecurity.
According to the “Future of Jobs Report 2023” by World Economic Forum, “Demand for AI and Machine Learning Specialists is expected to grow by 40%, or 1 million jobs, as the usage of AI and machine learning drives continued industry transformation.” The study also predicts a 30-35% increase (1.4 million) in demand for roles such as Data Analysts and Scientists, Big Data Specialists, Data Engineers etc. and a 31% increase in demand for Information-security Analysts.
To get a head start on these jobs, it is important to have a combination of technical and soft skills. Technical skills such as programming languages and data analysis are essential for most high-paying top jobs, while soft skills like creative thinking, communication, problem solving, leadership and positive attitude are also important for success. This blog post will discuss the recommended qualifications and skills that will help ensure that you are ready for these top 3 hot jobs.
Machine Learning Engineer: Machine learning engineers build and deploy machine learning models. They need expertise in algorithms, data structures, and programming languages. Recommended qualifications and skills that will help you prepare for it includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, mathematics, or advanced degrees or certifications from specialized programs in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or data engineering.
- Proficiency in machine learning libraries and frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python or R.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and modeling techniques.
- Strong programming skills for data manipulation and model implementation.
- Understanding of cloud platforms and distributed computing.
Other jobs to look out for in this field include AI Research Scientist, AI Ethicist and AI Product Manager.
Data Scientist: Data scientists analyze and interpret complex data to uncover insights and solve business problems. They require a blend of statistical knowledge, programming skills, and domain expertise. Recommended qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor’s or an advanced degree in a field like computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python or R.
- Strong statistical and mathematical skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Matplotlib.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques.
- Familiarity with new technologies and cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure for scalable data processing and machine learning capabilities.
- Expertise in data cleaning, data manipulation, preprocessing, and feature engineering.
Other jobs to look out for in this field include Data Analyst, Data Engineer, Business Intelligence (BI) Developer and Data Architect.
Information-security Analyst: Information security analysts are highly skilled professionals who protect computer systems and networks from security threats, monitor for security breaches, conduct vulnerability assessments, investigate incidents, and develop and implement security measures.
According to the Economic Forum’s 2023 “Global Risks Report,” cybercrime and cyber insecurity are considered the top 10 global risk and yet there is an ongoing shortage of 3 million cybersecurity professionals around the world.
Therefore, demand for Information-security Analyst is expected to surge. Recommended qualifications and skills include:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in cybersecurity or related field or industry-recognized certifications like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Proficiency in operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux) and networking concepts.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, Java, or C/C++.
- Good knowledge of security tools and technologies, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanners, and encryption techniques.
- Understanding of fundamental security principles, including risk management, threat intelligence, incident response, and security frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001).
- Knowledge of the latest security threats, vulnerabilities, and attack techniques.
Other top jobs in cybersecurity include Chief Information Security Officer, Security Engineer, Ethical Hacker, Cybersecurity Consultant etc.
It is important to stay up to date with industry trends, develop new skills, and build a strong network that will help you find the right job. By using this information from Skywalk Global, you will be ready for any upcoming hot job opportunities in the present as well as in the future. Stay ahead and go for it!
(Shivangi Singh is a writer with Skywalk Global)